Robitussin Owner's Manual - Model DH-750, Warm Steam Vaporizer
NOTE: Robitussin® is a registered trademark
of Whitehall-Robins Healthcare
Caution: Robitussin® product for illustration
purpose only. Not for use in product. Keep out
of reach of children.
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING THIS VAPORIZER AND SAVE THESE IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR EASY REFERENCE.
When using any electrical appliance, basic safety precautions should be followed including:
1. Always place this vaporizer on a firm, flat and level surface, at least 4 feet (1.2 meters) away from any person. It may not work properly on an uneven surface.
2. RISK OF INJURY TO PERSONS - STEAM EMITTED CAN CAUSE BURNS. NEVER POINT THE STEAM OUTLET DIRECTLY TOWARD ANY PERSON.
3. Do not place the vaporizer near any heat sources such as stoves, radiators or heaters.
4. Before using the vaporizer, check the power cord for any signs of damage. If the cord is found to be damaged, DO NOT USE and return the vaporizer to Honeywell under the warranty agreement for repair. Never allow the power cord to be immersed in water or other liquid.
5. This product is equipped with a polarized AC-line plug (a plug having one blade wider than the other). This plug will fit into the power outlet only one way.
This is a safety feature.
NEVER connect the vaporizer to any power source other than a 120V AC polarized outlet.
If you are unable to insert the plug fully into the outlet, try reversing the plug. If the plug should still fail to fit, contact an electrician to replace the obsolete outlet.
DO NOT defeat the safety purpose of the polarized plug.
6. Never plug in vaporizer without filling with water and always UNPLUG and empty the vaporizer before moving, filling, cleaning, or storing. UNPLUG the vaporizer before removing the electrode heating assembly.
7. RISK OF FIRE NEVER add salt to the water. This can cause excessive boiling and electrical overloading of your household electrical system.
8. DO NOT add vaporizer medicine or any medicine directly into the water. Place in the medicine cup and fill it halfway. Honeywell assumes no responsibility for consequences resulting from the use of medications in this vaporizer.
9. Do not OVER-FILL the vaporizer.
Doing so may result in electrical shock.
10. This vaporizer requires regular cleaning. Refer to the CLEANING instructions provided. Never clean the vaporizer in any manner other than as instructed in this manual.
11. Unplug the vaporizer if the relative humidity exceeds 60%. For proper humidity readings use a hygrometer which is available in many hardware and department stores, or by ordering one from Honeywell (see Care Products and Accessories).
12. DO NOT ADD ANY ROBITUSSIN® DIRECTLY INTO THE UNIT OR WATER.
1. Select a firm, level, flat location at least six inches (15 cm) from any wall for proper air flow and convenient to an electrical outlet. Be sure that the steam outlet is pointed away from any persons.
2. Place the vaporizer on a water-resistant surface, as water can damage furniture and some flooring. Honeywell will not accept responsibility for property damage caused by water spillage.
We recommend that the vaporizer be disinfected prior to first use. Please see CLEANING instructions.
1. To remove the heating assembly from the base; insert the plug into the back of the heating assembly to release the safety lock (Figure 1). While holding the plug in this position, lift the power head off the unit base.
2. Fill the base with COOL tap water to the FILL LINE" located on the inside of the unit (Figure 2). DO NOT USE HOT WATER.
DO NOT over-fill the vaporizer as this may result in electrical shock.
This unit can be filled in the vertical or horizontal position (Figure 3). Never add any chemicals or solutions to the water.
Exclusive, Helping Handle : The Helping Handle makes the unit easy to carry when filled. Use this handle to return the filled unit back to the area of use (Figure 4).
Place the unit down in a horizontal position prior to use (Figure 5).
3. Reposition the heating assembly onto the base.
4. Whenever refilling be sure to wipe out any residual water with a clean cloth or paper towel.
DO NOT OPERATE THE UNIT IN AN UPRIGHT VERTICAL POSITION (FIGURE 6).
Plug the filled vaporizer into a polarized 120V AC outlet.
DO NOT FORCE THE POLARIZED PLUG INTO THE OUTLET; it will only fit one way.
CAUTION: DO NOT PLUG IN THE VAPORIZER WITH WET HANDS AS ELECTRIC SHOCK COULD OCCUR.
NOTE: If the vaporizer does not start producing steam within 25 minutes, it means that your waters mineral content is too low to allow for electrical current flow. Unplug and remove the Heating Assembly. Add a 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda per tank of water to initiate steaming action. Make sure to thoroughly mix the baking soda with the water in the base. Adding too much baking soda can cause excessive boiling and hot water spurting, which may cause burns.
1. If the vaporizer boils excessively, spurts hot water or blows fuses without having added any chemical additives, the water mineral content is TOO HIGH. Unplug the vaporizer and clean per the CLEANING instructions. Refill using 1/2 tap water and 1/2 distilled water, which will dilute the mineral content of your water.
2. The vaporizer will automatically shut off when the water level drops below the heating electrodes.
3. When you are finished using the vaporizer unplug it and clean after each use.
4. ALWAYS be sure to discard any unused water in the base before storing or refilling.
USING THE MEDICINE CUP (OPTIONAL)
Place medicine in the medicine cup which is located on the top of the power head. HONEYWELL ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENCES OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF MEDICATIONS IN THIS VAPORIZER.
We recommend that you clean the vaporizer DAILY by wiping all surfaces dry using a paper towel or soft sponge. The vaporizer should also be cleaned WEEKLY according to the following instructions:
Cleaning involves two steps: SCALE REMOVAL and DISINFECTING. Be sure to perform these in the proper order to avoid harmful chemical interactions.
Do not use soap, detergents, or abrasive cleaners.
1. First, unplug the vaporizer.
2. To remove the heating assembly from the base: Insert the plug into the back of the heating assembly to release the safety lock (Figure 7). While holding the plug in this position, lift the heating assembly off the unit base.
3. Empty base and rinse with clean tap water.
STEP ONE: WEEKLY SCALE REMOVAL
1. Fill the base with one 8-oz. (250 ml) cup of undiluted white vinegar. Let solution stay in the base for 20 minutes, swishing every few minutes to wet all surfaces.
2. With vinegar still in the base, clean all interior surfaces of the base with a soft brush or cloth to remove scale. Carefully wipe the exterior of the Heating Assembly and remove any scale buildup.
3. Flush the base thoroughly with clean, warm water to remove scale and cleaning solution before disinfecting base.
WEEKLY DISINFECTING (Base and Heating Assembly)
1. Be sure the base is empty. Fill with 1 teaspoon chlorine bleach in 1 gallon (4 liters) water. Let solution stay in the base 20 minutes, swishing every few minutes to wet all surfaces. Gently scrub area around Heating Elements with a soft brush. Wet all surfaces.
There are no consumer serviceable parts inside the HEATING ASSEMBLY. If you experience any problem, please check the following potential problem areas before returning the vaporizer to Honeywell or to its original place of purchase.
UNPLUG THE VAPORIZER BEFORE TROUBLESHOOTING.
1. Be sure that the vaporizer has been filled to its proper level.
2. Empty base after 20 minutes. Rinse Base and Heating Assembly with water until bleach smell is gone.
3. Dry the inside with a clean cloth or paper towel.
4. Use a dry, soft cloth to wipe the outer surfaces.
1. Follow weekly CLEANING instructions at the end of humidification season or when the vaporizer will not be used for at least one week or more.
2. Let the vaporizer dry completely before storing. Do not store with water inside the base. BE SURE ALL
COMPONENTS ARE DRY. Do not leave any water in the reservoir. Residual water may cause deposits that will impair future performance of this appliance.
3. Store in a cool, dry location.
4. Remember to clean the vaporizer at the start of the next humidification season.
This product is rated 5 amps at 120V AC, 60Hz.
NOTE: IF YOU EXPERIENCE A PROBLEM WITH YOUR VAPORIZER, PLEASE SEE THE WARRANTY FOR INSTRUCTIONS. PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO OPEN THE HOUSING OF THE HEATING ASSEMBLY YOURSELF. DOING SO WILL VOID THE WARRANTY AND COULD CAUSE DAMAGE OR PERSONAL INJURY. IF THE PROBLEM STILL PERSISTS, PLEASE CALL:
CONSUMER RELATIONS DEPARTMENT
TOLL FREE: 1-800-332-1110
Mail questions or comments to:
Consumer Relations Dept.
250 Turnpike Road
Southborough, MA 01772 U.S.A.
Please be sure to specify model number.
CARE PRODUCTS AND ACCESSORIES
|Item||Item No.||Price (U.S.)||Price (Can.)|
|Hygrometer (measures room humidity level)||HAC-555||$19.99||$26.98|
To order replacement parts or care products:
1. For credit card orders, please specify VISA® , MASTERCARD® or DISCOVER® , with cardholder name and signature, card number and expiration date. Or, send a check or money order payable to Honeywell Inc. All orders should include a description of the item, item no., and quantity desired. Include your name, address, and a daytime telephone number, in case we need to get in touch with you. Please add $4.50 U.S./$ 6.10 Can. for shipping and handling.
Massachusetts residents add 5% sales tax. Canadian residents please add 7% G.S.T. plus applicable provincial taxes.
NOTE: Honeywell Inc. cannot ship to P.O. Box numbers.
Consumer Relations Dept.
250 Turnpike Road
Southborough, MA 01772 U.S.A.
2. Or, call the Honeywell Consumer Relations Department on our toll-free number: 1-800-332-1110. VISA,® MASTERCARD® or DISCOVER® are accepted.
No CODs are accepted. Please allow four weeks for delivery.
This product has been engineered and crafted with great care for your satisfaction.
Please read all instructions before attempting to use this product.
Be sure to fill out and return the enclosed card within 7 days of purchase.
A. This 3 year limited warranty applies to repair or replacement of product found to be defective in material or workmanship. This warranty does not apply to damage resulting from commercial, abusive, unreasonable use or supplemental damage. Defects that are the result of normal wear and tear will not be considered manufacturing defects under this warranty. HONEYWELL IS NOT LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ON THIS PRODUCT IS LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE DURATION OF THIS WARRANTY. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages or limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you also may have other rights which vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. This warranty applies only to the original purchaser of this product from the original date of purchase.
B. At its option Honeywell will repair or replace this product if it is found defective in material or workmanship. Defective product should be returned directly to Honeywell.
C. This warranty does not cover damage resulting from any unauthorized attempts to repair or from any use not in accordance with this manual.
D. Return defective product to the following address with a brief description of the problem. Include proof of purchase and a $5.00 U.S./$6.75 Can. check or money order for handling, return packing and shipping charges. Please include your name, address and a daytime phone number. You must prepay shipping charges. Mark carton Attention Returns Department. Ship to:
Southpoint Distribution Center
4755 Southpoint Drive
Memphis, TN 38118 U.S.A.
©1999 All rights reserved. Honeywell Inc. and Whitehall-Robins Healthcare 3/99 HU 4019.99