Robitussin Cool Mist Humidifier
NOTE: Robitussin® is a registered trademark of Whitehall-Robins Healthcare
Caution: Robitussin® product for illustration purpose only. Not for use in product. Keep out of reach of children.
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING THIS HUMIDIFIER AND SAVE THESE IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR EASY REFERENCE.
WHEN USING ANY ELECTRICAL APPLIANCE, BASIC SAFETY PRECAUTIONS SHOULD BE FOLLOWED INCLUDING:
1. Always place this humidifier on a firm, flat and level surface. It may not work properly on an uneven surface.
2. Place this humidifier in an area where it is not accessible to children.
3. Do not place the humidifier near any heat sources such as stoves, radiators or heaters.
4. Before using the humidifier, check the power cord for any signs of damage. If the cord is found to be damaged, DO NOT USE and return the humidifier to Honeywell under the warranty agreement for repair.
5. This product is equipped with a polarized AC-line plug (a plug having one blade wider than the other). This plug will fit into the power outlet only one way. This is a safety feature.
NEVER connect the humidifier to any power source other than a 120V AC polarized outlet.
If you are unable to insert the plug fully into the outlet, try reversing the plug. If the plug should still fail to fit, contact a qualified electrician to replace the obsolete outlet.
DO NOT defeat the safety purpose of the polarized plug.
6. The humidifier should always be unplugged and emptied when not in operation or while being serviced or cleaned. UNPLUG the humidifier before moving.
7. Never tilt or attempt to move the humidifier while it is operating or filled with water. NEVER TURN ON THE POWER HEAD WHILE IT IS REMOVED FROM THE BASE.
8. This humidifier requires regular cleaning.
Refer to the CLEANING instructions provided. Never clean the humidifier in any manner other than as instructed in this manual.
9. Turn the humidifier to OFF if the relative humidity exceeds 60%. For proper humidity readings use a hygrometer which is available in many hardware and department stores, or by ordering one from Honeywell (see Care Products and Accessories).
10. To prevent entanglement, do not use extension cords with the power cord.
11. Position the power cord so that it is not walked on or pinched by items placed upon or against it.
12. DO NOT ADD ANY ROBITUSSIN® MEDICINE DIRECTLY INTO THE UNIT OR WATER.
We recommend that the humidifier be disinfected prior to first use. Please see CLEANING instructions.
Clean the humidifier once a week, or more often if you: -have hard water, -notice a build-up of impurities, or detect unpleasant odors.
DO NOT USE SOAP, DETERGENTS, OR ABRASIVE CLEANSERS.
Note: Tap water may contain impurities or dissolved solids which could leave a residue on the inner surfaces of the humidifier.
Cleaning involves two steps: SCALE REMOVAL (Step One) and DISINFECTING (Step Two). Be sure to perform these in the proper order to avoid harmful chemical interactions.
First, unplug the humidifier.
To Remove the Power Head from the base:
Insert the plug into the power head to release the safety lock. (Fig. 1) While holding the plug in this position, lift the power head off the unit base.
Empty the base and rinse it with clean tap water.
Remove the Impeller shaft from the Power Head by turning the Power Head upside down.
Hold the spinning disc steady with one hand, and with the other hand grasp the Impeller shaft at the end near the disc. Twist the Impeller shaft counter-clockwise to remove (Fig. 2). Set it aside.
WEEKLY SCALE REMOVAL (Base and Impeller Shaft)
Fill the base with one 8-oz. (250 ml) cup of undiluted white vinegar. Immerse the Impeller shaft into the solution in the base. Let solution stay for 20 minutes, swishing every few minutes to wet all surfaces.
With vinegar still in the base, clean all interior surfaces of the base with a soft brush or cloth to remove scale.
Flush the base thoroughly with clean warm water to remove scale and cleaning solution.
CAUTION: NEVER IMMERSE OR CLEAN THE POWER HEAD UNDER RUNNING WATER, AS ELECTRIC SHOCK OR DAMAGE TO THE HUMIDIFIER MAY RESULT.
WEEKLY DISINFECTING (Base and Impeller Shaft)
Be sure the base is empty. Fill with 1 teaspoon chlorine bleach in 1 gallon (4 liters) water. Immerse the Impeller shaft into the bleach mixture in the base. Let solution stay inside the humidifier for 20 minutes, swishing every few minutes to wet all surfaces.
Empty base after 20 minutes. Rinse with water until bleach smell is gone.
Dry the inside with a clean cloth or paper towel.
Use a dry, soft cloth to wipe the outer surfaces of the base.
Reposition the Impeller shaft into the Power Head. Line up the tabs on the Impeller shaft with the slots on the spinning disc and twist the Impeller shaft clockwise to lock in place (Fig. 3).
Reposition the Power Head into the base.
Select a firm, level, flat location at least six inches (15 cm) from any wall for proper air flow and close to an electrical outlet.
Place the humidifier on a water-resistant surface, as water can damage furniture and some flooring. Honeywell will not accept responsibility for property damage caused by water spillage.
First, unplug the humidifier.
To Remove the Power Head from the base: Insert the plug into the power head to release the safety lock (Fig. 4). While holding the plug in this position, lift the power head off the unit base.
Fill the base with COOL tap water to the FILL LINE located on the inside of the unit (Fig. 5). This unit can be filled in the vertical or horizontal position. DO NOT USE HOT WATER.
NEVER ADD ANY CHEMICALS OR SOLUTIONS TO THE WATER.
Water quality and hardness can vary greatly. If you notice white dust accumulating in your room, the quality of your water is most likely hard. In this case it is strongly recommended that only distilled or de-mineralized water be used.
The Helping Handle makes the unit easy to carry when filled. Use this handle to return the filled unit back to the area of use. (Fig. 6)
Place unit down in a horizontal position prior to use. (Fig. 7)
- Replace the Power Head onto the base.
- Whenever refilling, be sure to wipe any residual water inside the base with a clean cloth or paper towel.
CAUTION: DO NOT POUR WATER THROUGH THE AIR INTAKE HOLES ON THE POWER HEAD. DOING SO MAY DAMAGE THE HUMIDIFIER OR CAUSE PERSONAL INJURY.
DO NOT OPERATE THE UNIT IN AN UPRIGHT, VERTICAL POSITION. (Fig.8)
With the power head in place, plug the power cord into a polarized 120V outlet.
DO NOT FORCE THE POLARIZED PLUG INTO THE OUTLET; it will only fit one way.
CAUTION: DO NOT PLUG IN THE HUMIDIFIER WITH WET HANDS AS ELECTRIC SHOCK COULD OCCUR.
Set the variable speed control to the desired moisture output setting. To operate the control, slide the lever to HIGH for fast humidifying or LOW for quiet, nighttime operation (Fig. 9).
Please allow five minutes for the unit to reach operating speed and produce moisture.
If condensation forms on walls or windows turn the humidifier output setting to LOW, or turn the humidifier OFF.
When you are finished using the humidifier, unplug the power cord.
ALWAYS be sure to discard any unused water in the base before storing or refilling.
Follow weekly CLEANING instructions at the end of humidification season or when humidifier will not be used for at least one week or more.
Let humidifier dry completely before storing. Do not store with water inside the base.
Pack the unit in its original carton and store in a cool, dry location.
Remember to clean the humidifier at the start of the next humidification season.
This product is rated .35 amps at 120V AC, 60Hz.
IF YOU EXPERIENCE A PROBLEM WITH YOUR HUMIDIFIER, PLEASE SEE THE WARRANTY FOR INSTRUCTIONS. PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO OPEN OR REPAIR THE HUMIDIFIER YOURSELF. DOING SO WILL VOID THE WARRANTY AND COULD CAUSE DAMAGE OR PERSONAL INJURY. IF THE PROBLEM STILL PERSISTS, PLEASE CALL:
CONSUMER RELATIONS DEPARTMENT
TOLL FREE: 1-800-332-1110
Mail questions or comments to:
Consumer Relations Dept.
250 Turnpike Road
Southborough, MA 01772 U.S.A.
Please be sure to specify model number.
CARE PRODUCTS AND ACCESSORIES
|Item||Item No.||Price (U.S.)||Price (Can)|
|Power Head - DF-5||DF-5-1||$8.00||$10.80|
|Base - DF-5||DF-5-2||$6.00||$8.10|
|Hygrometer (measures room humidity level)||HAC-555||$19.99||$26.98|
To order replacement parts or care products:
1. For credit card orders, please specify VISA® , MASTERCARD® or DISCOVER,® with cardholder name and signature, card number and expiration date. Or, send a check or money order payable to Honeywell Inc. All orders should include a description of the item, item no., and quantity desired. Include your name, address, and a daytime telephone number, in case we need to get in touch with you. Please add $4.50 U.S./$6.10 Can. for shipping and handling. Massachusetts residents add 5% sales tax. Canadian residents please add 7% G.S.T. plus applicable provincial taxes.
Consumer Relations Department
250 Turnpike Road
Southborough, MA 01772 U.S.A.
2. Or, call the Honeywell Consumer Relations Department on our toll-free number: 1-800-332-1110. VISA® , MASTERCARD® or DISCOVER® are accepted.
No CODs are accepted. Please allow four weeks for delivery. Honeywell cannot ship to P.O. Box numbers.
This product has been engineered and crafted with great care for your satisfaction.
Please read all instructions before attempting to use this product.
Be sure to fill out and return the enclosed card within 7 days of purchase.
A. This 3 year limited warranty applies to repair or replacement of product found to be defective in material or workmanship. This warranty does not apply to damage resulting from commercial, abusive, unreasonable use or supplemental damage. Defects that are the result of normal wear and tear will not be considered manufacturing defects under this warranty. HONEYWELL IS NOT LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE.ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ON THIS PRODUCT IS LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE DURATION OF THIS WARRANTY. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, or limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you also may have other rights which vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. This warranty applies only to the original purchaser of this product from the original date of purchase.
B. At its option Honeywell will repair or replace this product if it is found defective in material or workmanship. Defective product should be returned directly to Honeywell.
C. This warranty does not cover damage resulting from any unauthorized attempts to repair or from any use not in accordance with this manual.
D. Return defective product to the following address with a brief description of the problem. Include proof of purchase and a $5.00 U.S./$6.75 Can. check or money order for handling, return packing and shipping charges. Please include your name, address and a daytime phone number. You must prepay shipping charges. Mark carton Attention Returns Department. Ship to:
Southpoint Distribution Center
4755 Southpoint Drive
Memphis, TN 38118 U.S.A.
©1999 All rights reserved. Honeywell Inc. and Whitehall-Robins Healthcare HU-4020.99 P/N 035-02337-000